Why use Copelands
Copelands Estate Agents established 1992 are a well known and respected family run business based in Westhoughton having all the local expert knowledge to assist you in letting your property.
We take great pride in providing you with a professional, enthusiastic and friendly service to help with all your property needs. Our comprehensive marketing and dedication to customer satisfaction have contributed to our success in delivering a great service to all our customers.
We provide a fast, friendly and efficient lettings & management service.
Free valuations & market appraisal if you are thinking of LETTING
Advertising your property on
- Rightmove website
- Copelands website
- Eye catching lettings board
- Detailed in house window display with detailed internal & external photographs
Arrange legal required certificates
- Energy Performance Certificates
- Gas Safety Inspections
- Portable Appliance Certificates
Specialist landlord Insurance policies
- Buildings & contents
- Rent Guarantee
- Legal expenses
Match your property with the highest quality tenants:-
- Full professional reference & credit checks through Let Alliance
- Proof of ID & residency
- Proof of income
We are here to deal with all your property needs and enquiries so pop in and see us or call us today and see how we can help you!
Full management service
- Undertake full and independent reference checks on suitable tenants (these are checks that are undertaken by an independent third party so we have no influence over them at any stage. They include credit checks, employment references, previous tenant history and rent affordability)
- Preparing the tenancy agreement
- Preparation of inventory for the check-in and check-out process
- Transfer of utilities including meter readings
- Quarterly house inspections
- Collection of periodic rents paid to our client account
- Quarterly statements of all financial transactions
- Organise safety and regulatory certificates where applicable
- Manage maintenance and repairs (with landlords approval)
- Emergency out of hours contact
- Issue appropriate legal notices to initiate termination of the tenancy agreement when requested by the landlord
- Registration of the deposit with the Government regulated Deposit Protection Service
- Undertake an inventory check-out at the end of each tenancy
- Allow landlords to get on with their busy lives
Tenant find service
Our Tenant Find Only Service is for those landlords who are keen to manage their own properties. We organise all the marketing for you to ensure that your property reaches the widest possible audience, take care of the extensive paperwork that goes with setting up a tenancy and then handing it over to you once everything has been signed. We have assisted many landlords on this basis in the past and they have come back to use our service time and time again.
See below for what our ‘Tenant Find Only Service’ includes:-
- Free market appraisal/rental valuation
- Advertisement on Copelands and Rightmove websites
- Eye catching to let board
- Detailed window display giving full description with internal and external pictures
- Accompanied viewings where possible
- Advice on legal compliance including gas, electric, furnishings and insurance
- Undertake full and independent reference checks on suitable tenants – these are checks which are undertaken by an independent third party so we have no influence over them at any stage. They include credit checks, employment checks and previous tenant history and rent affordability.
- Negotiate tenancy commencement and terms
- Collect the deposit, first month’s rent and provide advice on the holding/registration of the deposit.
- Complete the tenancy agreement for all parties to sign
- Hand the day to day management back to you ‘the landlord’
Extra services not included in the above package are available at an additional cost :-
Compilation of inventory
Internal property inspections
Tenancy agreement renewals
Finding a tenant
All viewings are carried out by a member of our team who will fully explain the obligations of the tenancy. We must stress that it is much more important to find a good tenant however long it takes than to let quickly to the first applicant. Clearly there are no guarantees with any tenant but the risks are greatly decreased by following our tried and tested procedures.
Once a prospective tenant has been found they will complete an application form. This is then forwarded to our specialist referencing company. Once the tenant has been approved they will be required to pay one months rent in advance along with a security deposit. Deposits are registered and forwarded to the ‘Deposit Protection Service’ until the termination of the tenancy. We can also offer Rent Guarantee and Legal Expenses insurance for that extra piece of mind.